In the context of this conference, I was responsible with Florian Fainelli from the OpenWRT project to organize the Embedded systems and open hardware track. This track will offer an interesting selection of talks related to embedded topics, concentrated between July 9th and July 11th:
- A look through the Android stack, Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
- OsciPrime – An Open Source Android Oscilloscope, Manuel Di Cerbo, Andreas Rudolf, Nexus-Computing Switzerland
- Make a free camera fly with free hardware, Éric Boudrand. It will be the only talk of the track that will take place in French. The rest of the track contents will be in English.
- Open Hardware and the future of cinema, Micheal Green, film student at Full Sail University in the United States
- Open Telecom: From software to hardware, Alexander Chemeris, Sergey Portnoy.
- Open Hardware at CERN, Javier Serrano, CERN.
- Migen, a Python toolbox for building complex digital hardware, Sebastien Bourdeauducq, Milkymist.
- A Tale of Two Sims, Mike Frysinger, Google.
- Introduction to cross-compilation, Yann E. Morin, crosstool-NG.
- Buildroot: a nice, simple and efficient embedded Linux build system, Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons, Buildroot.
- NAND/MTD support under Linux, Ivan Djelic, Matthieu Castet, Parrot.
- Linux kernel on ARM: consolidation work, Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons.
- U-Boot driver model, Marek Vašut, Denx.
- Minimizing boot times using U-Boot “Falcon” mode, Wolfgang Denk, Denx.
- Tutorial on using Buildroot, a nice, simple and efficient embedded Linux build system, Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons.
In the Operating Systems track, some other conferences might be of interested to Embedded Linux developers as well:
- Giving Linux a boot, by Tom Rini, from Texas Instruments.
- The Xenomai real-time development framework. Recent and future developments, Detlev Zundel, from Denx.
- The Linux NFC subsystem, by Samuel Ortiz, from Intel.
The entrace to the Libre Software Meeting is free, so don’t hesitate to book your train or flight tickets, and join us at this event!