Alexandre has been working on embedded systems since 2005. His experience led him to hack in various Free Software operating systems, mostly Linux and FreeBSD and on ARM, x86 and MIPS architectures.
Alexandre ported different releases of Android and its kernel specifics on several industrial devices and Computer-on-Modules based on Freescale’s i.MX53 and i.MX6 ARM SoCs. This also included writing drivers for unusual devices like serial, USB and network printers or custom devices along with more common ones: display, touch panel, wireless and GPRS connectivity, NFC reader and camera.
- Since the beginning of 2015, Alexandre is one of the maintainers of the Linux kernel RTC subsystem and the kernel support for Atmel ARM systems on chip.
- In 2013, Alexandre joined Free Electrons, working on kernel porting and mainlining projects. In particular, he is at the moment one of the most active contributors to support for the Atmel AT91 processors. See his contributions to the mainline Linux kernel.
- From 2011 to early 2013, Alexandre has ported Linux on various custom boards, working at Adeneo Embedded. He was also developing device drivers for Linux and Android. Alexandre was also a trainer for the Embedded Linux courses.
- From 2007 to 2010, he was working as a Linux engineer in the DSL gateway world, focusing his expertise on network and voice (PSTN, DECT and VoIP) drivers.
- From 2005 to 2007, as part of the R&D team at NETASQ, he was working on security and packet filtering in the FreeBSD kernel.
Alexandre has also been working in userspace, designing and writing various daemons like the voice application using the voice stack on DSL gateways or an access control daemon for remote access using SSL. He has been fiddling with cross-compiling toolchains and build systems (such as OpenEmbedded / Yocto and Buildroot), flash filesystems and remote debugging. Alexandre also conducted Linux boot time reduction projects.
Alexandre has spoken in several international technical conferences:
- Boot time optimizations, Automotive Linux Summit, Gaydon, UK, 2012
- Boot time optimizations, Embedded Linux Conference Europe, Barcelona, 2012
Back to the Free Electrons staff page.