Alexandre Belloni joined Free Electrons in 2013 and has been working on embedded systems since 2005. His experience led him to work on multiple Free Software operating systems, mostly Linux and FreeBSD.
Linux Kernel Development Experience
Alexandre is maintaining the Linux kernel RTC subsystem and the kernel support for Microchip/Atmel ARM SoCs since 2015.
As part of this responsibility, he cleaned up the core support (including timers, clocks and interrupt controller) and reworked the Power Management driver for Atmel SoCs.
He also upstreamed the nau7802 ADC driver, sun4i PWM driver and support for buttons connected to resistor ladders.
He is obviously involved in many of the RTC drivers.
Alexandre is also used to porting Linux to custom boards.
Embedded Linux build system experience
Alexandre is a Yocto Project participant and OpenEmbedded contributor. In openembedded-core, he mainly contributed to wic, the image generation tool. He maintains a few boards in the meta-freescale BSP layers and is a main contributor in the meta-atmel BSP layer.
Alexandre also contributed a few packages and configurations to buildroot which he used in multiple projects.
Alexandre is a trainer for our Embedded Linux, Linux kernel and driver development, and Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded development courses. Since 2013, he teached more than 20 trainings all around the world.
Alexandre has spoken in several international technical conferences:
- Boot time optimizations, Automotive Linux Summit, Gaydon, UK, 2012
- Boot time optimizations, Embedded Linux Conference Europe, Barcelona, Spain, 2012
- Using Yocto for Modules Manufacturers, Embedded Linux Conference, San Jose, CA, 2014 (slides)
- Starting with the Yocto Project, FOSDEM, Brussels, Belgium, 2015
- Supporting Multi-Function Devices in the Linux Kernel: A Tour of the mfd, regmap and syscon APIs, Embedded Linux Conference Europe, Dublin, Ireland, 2015 (slides, video)
- Buildroot vs. OpenEmbedded/Yocto: A Four Hands Discussion (with Thomas Petazzoni), Embedded Linux Conference, San Diego, 2016 (LWN coverage)
- ASoC: Supporting Audio on an Embedded Board, Embedded Linux Conference Europe, Berlin, Germany, 2016 (slides, video)
Back to the Free Electrons staff page.